Is the house you found online worth checking out in person?
Today, more than ever before, homes are found on the Internet and now we not only have single standstill pictures but also 360-degree interactive views of the home. An online portfolio of the home could make or break the sale.
Here are some ideas to keep in mind when you are looking online for a home to buy so you don’t waste your time clicking through the millions of home pictures on millions of MLS listings online.
- Use a critical eye. Look at the pictures, but keep in mind wallpaper and carpet can be replaced. Try to get a good idea of the layout and look at the description of the home. Is it exactly what you are looking for, if not can you compromise? Make sure to use the search bar to narrow your search. If location is most important to you, type in the area, the type of home you want and start there.
- Keep an eye out for homes that only have a picture of the outside. This could mean that the home needs serious work on the inside or there might be a bad bad case of hoarding or the home was not taken care of. Always look for the homes with lots of pictures, so you can get a clear idea of what the home looks like. There is no excuse for the owner or the Agent to not have pictures up. It is so easy to use a point and shoot camera and post the photos online.
- Before you go visit a home ask yourself this:
- How big is the kitchen? Is there enough room to put a table and comfortably sit 6 people?
- Is there enough wall space for your TV, art, etc.
- How much light gets in and at what times of the day is the sun in the kitchen/ living room.
- How does the picture compare with the google satellite photos? Has anything been changed or moved recently?
- Do you feel the layout and style fits your lifestyle?
Check out this blogs for some best and worst listing photos. This link is specifically for bathroom listings. http://resnapshot.vht.com/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-bathroom-feature/
If you need helping looking for your perfect home online or taking the perfect pictures of your home to post online please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and go to my website to set up your own, easy to use home search at www.biggarhomesaz.com